Guided tours of our museum
We offer guided tours on demand during our regular opening hours. Tours are usually also available in English. If you are interested, please contact the museum staff on site!
Outside our opening hours (Mondays – Fridays) guided tours in English are available for groups of ten or more members as well as school classes of all ages. The tours include:
- A two-hour in-depth tour of our museum, covering almost 150 years of mass transit history, technology, and operations.
- Age-appropriate contents for children, adults, and seniors alike.
- The possibility to visit and purchase memorabilia from our museum shop.
Birthday parties at the Transit Museum
A special highlight for our youngest visitors is a birthday party at our museum. Next to a guided tour suited for children, there will be plenty of time for opening presents or sharing a birthday cake. Especially our instructional tram, the model railway, and the chance to learn how to operate set of points and switches will make your stay interactive and a memorable experience.
- We recommend birthday parties for children between the ages of 6 and 14.
- We will happily try to accommodate your individual requirements and wishes.
- Please note that the Transit Museum cannot provide any catering, but you are invited to bring and enjoy your own foods and drinks.
- The birthday boy or girl and their guests will get a small souvenir to conclude their visit.
Please be advised to book guided tours or birthday parties at least one month in advance, so our volunteer staff has a chance to accommodate your requested date and time.
Furthermore, we recommend at least two teachers or educators to accompany any school classes, in order to possibly divide the group for our tour if necessary.
Please get in contact with us for individual prices for your group’s visit.